Howdy there! Recently relocated to the LA area from Atlanta (I’m an LA native and it’s nice to be home). Here are my specialties:
• Digital Marketing: Implemented successful digital marketing campaigns for AT&T, yellowpages.com, and Clear Channel Media + Entertainment/iHeartRadio. Directed creative agencies & vendors. Used new media best suited to the target audience. In-the-trenches understanding of marketing campaigns, direct response, web writing, keywords, SEO/SEM, metadata, social platforms, PPC and CPM campaigns, crowdsourcing, contesting, sponsorships, mobile, email, and viral. Management of email tools.
My “Digital Toolbelt” includes: HTML • CSS • copywriting & photoediting for web • CMS • Dreamweaver • MS Office including Powerpoint & Excel • Salesforce • community management • digital video • Photoshop • Adobe Omniture • Radian6 • SEO, SEM • metadata • AdWords • Basecamp • Google & Facebook analytics • web research • SAS marketing, metrics & social tools (Google’s DFP, Triton, Vitrue, Involver, Mailchimp, Wildfire, Vitrue, Hootsuite, Hipcricket & more) • eblasts, text, & social contesting • WordPress
• Digital Content Direction & Hands-On Production: Clearly communicating specs to designers & developers. Translating “geekspeak” so stakeholders have a clear understanding of what is being done to meet their needs. Hands-on creation of deliverables (writing copy, shooting/editing video & photos, uploading content to a CMS, building wireframes, web pages and reports). Use of analytics to refine messaging/targeting & increase conversion. Strategy for high-traffic websites, standalone campaign/product microsites, newsletters, social, sales & search tools. Mapping out smart solutions for clients and senior management.
• Social Media Management: Strategic social oversight. Engaging personally with fans & followers as voice of brand; modulating voice between brands; directing vendors & agencies who perform these tasks. Knowing when (and when not to) use YouTube, Vine, Facebook, Ello, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, etc). Passionate follower of social theory & tech futurism. Blogger since 2001. Maintaining brand voice across platforms. Use of analytics, publishing and monitoring tools.
• Project Management: Strategic planning—RFI to brief to postmortem. Delivering presentations to executive management & partners. Designing & overseeing workflows, avoiding scope creep, achieving buy-in from diverse stakeholders. I move fast, independently, & work with agile crossdepartmental teams.
• Newsroom Journalism; Eye-grabbing heds & deks, delicious photos, minimalist pages, stop-&-stare ads, fun campaigns. Collaborating with designers for layouts and infographics. Blogging.